READ TIME: 2 mins.
As we know, COVID-19 has seemingly changed most parts of our lives. While businesses around the world receive the news on whether or not their services are deemed “essential” or “non-essential,” you hear the dreaded news from your surgery center, your weight loss surgery has been postponed.
As you grapple with the disappointment, though you understand the bariatric surgery center’s plight, how to deal? Here are 5 ways to stay on track while you wait for your new surgery date:
- Continue to follow the surgeon’s pre-surgery diet plan: Although there may be a small voice inside that says, “it’s okay, you have time now to cheat,” don’t listen to those lies! Keep following the pre-surgery diet plan and amount of food set forth by your surgeon. This will ensure that your body is ready when you receive your new surgery date.
- Keep it moving; your body that is. Continue to do any home workouts or simply go for a walk outside (depending on any quarantine, shelter-in-place restrictions in your area). Your body doesn’t know that the surgery date has changed. Continue daily movement as best you can.
- Seek accountability: Maybe you have safe people that you can talk to over Zoom, Facetime, or the phone. Join an online support group, hire an online coach. Reach out when you begin to feel like overeating. Just because the drive-thrus may be open, doesn’t mean we have to give in to each food craving.
- Log your food: Not sure what you are consuming each day now that you are working from home? Keep track and continue to make adjustments as needed. There are several free printable food journals available or even log in to your phone.
- Keep yourself occupied; so that you do not continually want to snack. Write in your journal, hang out with your family members at home, clean out the garage; you get the idea. This is a stressful time, but you can do this.
At BariBoss, our goals are your goals. The more informative information and coaching we can bring to you, the more success you’ll have on your journey to lose weight and healthy living.
Even though we have entered unchartered territory due to COVID-19, we’re dedicated to providing you with the tools and resources to make the process a little easier. If you have more questions on gastric sleeve surgery, recovery, or weight loss coaching, contact us today. We’ll walk on the path with you as you become a healthier you and teach you how to become your own BariBoss.